Sunday, June 10, 2012

LOTRO: XP for greys? But spread over time?

Yes, XP for killing aliens in Lord of the Rings online...wait, no!

I mean if you happen to be slaying grey monsters for whatever reason. What if you still got 'appreciation' points for it (ie, appreciation from the local peoples), which you can turn in. But you can only turn in so much at a time and there's a long cooldown between turn ins, so you could only gain XP at, say, 5% or 10% the speed you could if you were actually fighting level appropriate monsters?

So you can still gain some XP, but it's preferable to fight things that are your own level.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Apologies for the off-topic comment, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.

    A while ago I put out an ebook of my writing, called The New Death and others. It's mostly short stories, with some obvious gamer-interest material. For example I have a story inspired by OD&D elves, as well as poems which retell Robert E Howard's King Kull story The Mirrors of Tuzun Thune and HP Lovecraft's Under the Pyramids.

    I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a review on your blog (either a normal book review, or a review of its suitability as gaming inspiration).

    If so, please let me know your email, and what file format is easiest for you, and I'll send you a free copy. You can email me (news@apolitical.info) or reply to this thread.

    You can download a sample from Smashwords:

    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/92126

    I'll also link to your review from my blog.

    Yours,
    James.

    ReplyDelete