Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thoughts : Just Cause

Either he's in freefall, or he is the size of a skyscraper...you decide!
I played through 'Just Cause' recently after buying it on budget. Few - at first it seemed pretty aweful - the cars drove like wet soap on a tile floor and enemies maybe chipped off a tiny sliver of health? But then the difficulty ramped up, and I enjoyed taking over towns, much like I enjoyed it in GTA San Andreas. The way to really feel the texture of a game world isn't to look at it, but to fight over it :)

It still seems a pretty clumsy effort though - in looking at Just Cause 2 videos, the first Just Cause seems almost like a practice run or rough draft.

I also picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum on budget. Wow, that's a polished game. Also pushing the specs on my computer, which doesn't get fed the newest, make money for the corporations, graphics cards/motherboards/memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment